What Is Glutathione and Why is it Important?
This antioxidant is a peptide that consists of three vital amino acids, which are key to the body’s health and longevity. Scientists now believe that Glutathione is so important to the cells of our bodies that it can be used to predict how long we will live! How does this work? It is a simple matter of testing to see how much of it resides in our bodies cells. The importance of Glutathione is in the fact that it resides inside the cell.
The only reason this isn’t considered an “essential nutrient”, is because the body can produce what Glutathione does, on its own. However, like most other substances in the body, it is often not produced enough.
Especially considering what it does, which is to protect the body from serious ailments and internal damage. Glutathione creates GHS. GHS is the creation of L-Cysteine, L-Glutamic Acid, and Glycine.
How Can You Boost Levels Of Glutathione In Your Body?
This is an obvious need for everybody, so we have come across nine ways to help your body gain higher levels of Glutathione.
- Milk Thistle! This vitamin increases GHS. Milk Thistle increases Glutathione levels within the body, and helps the liver stay healthy enough to keep toxins at bay.
- Whey Protein is an excellent supply source for Glutathione. It is popular and easy to get for everyone and there is many different ways to intake it.
- Sulfur Rich foods are another great source of Glutathione. This could even help prevent cancerous cells from developing in your body.
- NAC or N-acetyl cysteine is amazingly effective as an Asthma remedy. The added Glutathione reduces bronchial mucus.
- A-Lipoic Acid, particularly 300-1200 mg of this substance, improves insulin sensitivity and decreases symptoms of diabetic neuropathy. Obviously, this is best for diabetics but is good for everyone.
- Methylation Nutrients are important vitamins that keep the body replenishing Glutathione. This can be accomplished by consuming the B Vitamins like B6, B9 and B12. Also Biotin is helpful for this.
- Selenium acts as a critical antioxidant and is a requirement for your body to create GHS.
- Vitamins E and C are also very important as they increase Glutathione in the red blood cells and lymphocytes.
- Raw Liver, though most don’t like it, is very good for you. When this organ is harvested right, from a local, naturally fed, organic cow, is a highly effective way to boost Glutathione.
The Top Twenty-Three Health Benefits From Glutathione
What exactly does Glutathione help do? We have discussed a few things but you likely want to know what it can do for you, in the long term and short term. Here are twenty-three of those effects.
- It Does Help Prevent Glaucoma and Cataracts
- May Help Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis
- May Help Treat Acne
- It can treat sleep apnea
- It can help with respiratory issues
- Glutathione controls cell death.
- It may also reduce consequences of drug & alcohol use
- It can help prevent some forms of addictions
- Glutathione prevents most liver damage
- It also might protect against kidney damage
- Glutathione can treat some diabetic complications
- It will definitely help prevent heart disease
- Increasing Glutathione levels can help with symptoms of ADHD
- It can help treat psychiatric disorders
- Glutathione is vital to treating cancer and keeping the body healthy
- It may help with complications of Autism
- It can help heal the mid-section after a pregnancy
- It can and will help with many types of infections
- Glutathione may limit Neurodegeneration from Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s disease
- It might prevent stress or even depression
- It is proven to be an anti-aging agent
- Glutathione can help with many types of inflammation
- It helps fight overall stress in the body